HOW WE PROTECT OUR MEMBERS
Hanesbrands Credit Union, your member-owned financial institution, is committed to providing you with products and services that will assist you in achieving your financial goals. We are equally committed to protecting our members’ privacy. You can be confident that your financial privacy is a priority of the credit union. We are required by law to give you this privacy notice to explain how we collect, use and safeguard your personal financial information. If you have any questions, please contact a member service representative at 888-222-7528 or (336) 519-7528.
Information We Collect and Disclose About You
We collect nonpublic personal information about you from the following sources:
- Information we receive from you on applications and other forms
- Information about your transactions with us or others
- Information we receive from a consumer reporting agency
- Information obtained when verifying the information you provide on an application or other forms
This may be obtained from your current or past employers, or from other institutions where you conduct financial transactions. In order to conduct the business of the credit union, we disclose nonpublic personal information about you only as permitted or required by law. These disclosures typically include information needed to process transactions on your behalf, conduct the operations of our credit union, follow your instructions, protect the security of our financial records and comply with applicable laws and regulations. If you terminate your membership with Hanesbrands Credit Union, we will not share information we have collected about you, except as permitted or required by law.
How We Protect Your Information
We restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you to those employees who have a specific business purpose in utilizing your data. Our employees are trained in the importance of maintaining confidentiality and member privacy. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations and leading industry practices to protect your nonpublic personal information.
What You Can Do To Help Protect Your Privacy
Hanesbrands Credit Union is committed to protecting the privacy of its members. Members can help by following these simple guidelines:
- Protect your account numbers, card numbers, PINs (personal identification numbers) and passwords.
- Never keep your PIN with your ATM Card, Check Card or Credit Card, since it provides free access to your accounts if your card is lost or stolen
- Keep your information with us current. It is important that we have current information on how to reach you. If we detect potentially fraudulent or unauthorized activity or use of an account, we will attempt to contact you immediately. If your address or phone number changes, please let us know.
- Use caution when disclosing your account numbers, social security numbers, etc. to other persons. If someone calls you, explains the call is on behalf of the credit union, and asks for your account number, you should beware. Official credit union staff will already have access to your information and will not need to ask for it.
Third Party Disclaimers Links
Links are available on Hanesbrands Credit Union’s website that allow quick access to other sites that may be of interest. Clicking on a link may take you out of the Hanesbrands CU’s website to an alternative website not operated by Hanesbrands CU. Hanesbrands CU is not responsible for the content of the third party website and does not represent either the third party website or the member if you enter into a transaction. While we hope these organizations join us in respecting your privacy, Hanesbrands CU is not responsible for the content, product, services or privacy practices of these other web sites. Hanesbrands CU does not and is not liable for failure of products or services advertised on these sites. Linked sites may have privacy policies that are different from Hanesbrands CU’s and may provide different levels of security.
If you have questions concerning this notice, please do not hesitate to call us – we are here to serve you.